ARTICLE 1. PURPOSE
The purpose of the terms of service is to define and specify the conditions and necessary matters concerning the use of the `Bithumb API Service` provided by RDMCHAIN PTE. LTD. (hereinafter the `Company`)
ARTICLE 2. DEFINITIONS
The terms used herein shall have the meanings of the following subparagraphs.
2.1. API (Application Programming Interface): Rules or messages used by application programs for communication with programs such as the Company's operating system or a management system for the server or database
2.2. API Service (hereinafter ‘This Service’): A service where the Company externally reveals its API for members to link their applications, programs, or websites, so that the member-designated functions (including orders for transactions and information queries) can be processed
2.3. Member: A person using this service
ARTICLE 3. MODIFICATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
3.1. The Company may change these Terms and Conditions if necessary, by using 1 or more methods prescribed in each subparagraph below to notify members at least 7 days in advance of the effectuation date with the description of the amended contents and effectuation date. Provided that when the amendments are made unfavorable to members or when significant details are amended, the Company shall notify members of the above at least 30 days prior to the effectuation date.
- (a) Post on the Bithumb homepage under notifications or this service's page
- (b) Notify members using their registered email addresses
3.2. In the event where a member fails to expressly indicate his/her intent of refusal even when the Company clearly notifies members of the fact that any members who fail to indicate his/her intent at least 1 day before the effectuation date shall be deemed as having expressed his/her intent, the member concerned shall be deemed to have consented to the amended terms.
3.3. If a member does not agree to the amended terms, the Company may not apply the amended terms, in which case, such a member may terminate this service. Provided that when there is a special circumstance where the existing terms cannot be applied, the Company may terminate this service.
ARTICLE 4. SUBSIDIARY REGULATIONS
4.1. The Company may stipulate separate notices, individual terms of service, individual consents, user guidelines, operation policies and detailed guidelines other than these terms (collectively referred to as the ‘Detailed Guideline‘), and may notify members of the above or attain consent to the above from members. And when any conflicts arise between these terms and the contents from the Detailed Guideline obtained consent from members, the Detailed Guideline shall supersede.
4.2. All matters not prescribed by these terms and interpretations of these terms shall be subject to the Bithumb Terms and Conditions, Detailed Guideline, and applicable laws and regulations or generally accepted commercial practices.
ARTICLE 5. SERVICE DETAILS
5.1. Items provided by the Company for this service are listed in the following subparagraphs.
- (a) Orders for buying&selling, depositing&withdrawing virtual assets, the orders for processing cancellations, and etc.
- (b) Information inquiries for transaction records, balance records, transaction settlement results, open cases, etc.
5.2. The Company may make changes to a part or the whole of this service for fair operational and technical reasons. In this case, the Company must post the reason, detail, and date of the change in advance under notifications or this service's page.
5.3. The Company may limit members' use of this service if there are concerns for system failure due to requests such as excessive order processing.
ARTICLE 6. USER CONDUCT AND OBLIGATIONS
6.1. In connection with your use of the Services and in addition to the list of prohibited activities above, you will not:
- (a) Violate or assist any party in violating any law, statute, ordinance, regulation or any rule of any self-regulatory or similar organization of which you are or are required to become a member through your use of the Services;
- (b) Provide false, inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information;
- (c) Infringe upon Bithumb Singapore’s or any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, or intellectual property rights;
- (d) Distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, any junk mail, spam, or chain letters;
- (e) Use a web crawler or similar technique to access our Services or to extract data;
- (f) Reverse engineer or disassemble any aspect of the Site or Services in an effort to access any source code, underlying ideas and concepts, and algorithms;
- (g) Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or detrimentally interfere with, intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or information;
- (h) Transmit or upload any material to the Site that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or any other harmful or deleterious programs;
- (i) Otherwise attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other Bithumb Singapore Accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or any other means; or
- (j) Transfer any rights granted to you under these Terms.
6.2. Please keep in mind that if you breach any items out of the lists mentioned above, your Account shall be suspended or cancelled immediately without prior notice or warning.
ARTICLE 7. MEMBERS’ MANAGEMENT OBLIGATIONS FOR ACCOUNTS, PASSWORDS, ETC.
7.1. The account management responsibility lies with the individual members and the results from using the accounts belong to the members. Therefore, members must personally manage their password or API Secret key and change them periodically to prevent unauthorized use of their account by other people.
7.2. In the case where a member notices his/her account, password, or API Secret key being used by another person or in an illegal manner, the member must notify the Company immediately and follow the Company's instructions. In the case where the member does not notify of the above or does not follow the Company's instructions after notifying, the Company shall not be held liable for any disadvantages unless it arises from the Company's intent or negligence.
ARTICLE 8. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
The Company shall not be held liable for the results of the member using this service or any losses to the member that arises from the descriptions in each of the following subparagraphs. Provided that the above shall not apply when the consequences arise from the intent or negligence of the Company.
8.1. If the member does not follow these terms, the usage notifications for this service, specific instructions, or applicable laws and regulations
8.2. If the loss occurred due to the reasons attributable to the member, such as issues in the member's electronic equipment or operation error of the electronic equipment
8.3. If a dispute arises between members with this service as the medium
8.4. If a member's individually developed program was used outside of the items provided by the Company for this service
8.5. If a member's account, password, API Secret key or other information was leaked
8.6. If a system error occurs due to rapid changes to the market price, order flooding, etc.
8.7. If unavoidable problems occur to the service due to the malfunction or technical issues of the blockchain or the system managing issuance of virtual asset, faults of the telecommunication service provider, regular server maintenance, etc.
8.8. If the service cannot be provided due to natural disaster, DDos attack, IDC problems, overwhelming traffic to the Service, problems with cables of common telecommunications business operators and other unavoidable causes
8.9. If there are other reasons attributable to the member
ARTICLE 9. GOVERNING LAWS AND JURISDICTION
9.1. These terms shall be governed and interpreted by the Laws of the Singapore Any litigations between the Company and members shall be governed by the Laws of the Singapore.
9.2. All disputes and litigations between the Company and members concerning the use of this service shall be subject to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts in accordance with the procedures as prescribed by applicable laws and regulations.
Last Revised: January 26, 2021