What information does Bithumb Singapore collect?
We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
- 1) We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your Email address, Password, First and Last name, Phone number, Residence related information - Country, Address, City, State, Postal code, and so on -, Date of birth, Government issued identification, Photographs, etc when you use our Site.
- 2) If you tell us where you are(e.g., by allowing your mobile device or computer to send us your location), we may store that information.
- 3) Certain services, such as two-factor authentication, may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- 4) If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- 5) We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily when seeking support services, such as email, information submitted via online form, video conferencing service information, other contact information, or other information provided to support services staff.
- 6) We may collect other data, including but not limited to, referral URLs, your location, blockchain addresses you provide.
Some information is collected automatically by our servers:
- 1) Our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- 2) As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”),referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and click stream data.
- 4) We retain information on your behalf, such as transactional data and other session data linked to your Account.
How does Bithumb Singapore use the information it collects?
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- 1) facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- 2) identify you and perform identity verification through a service provider;
- 3) provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- 4) improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- 5) send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- 6) send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as account activity, transaction processing, security or support and maintenance advisories;
- 7) identify, prevent, and report potentially suspicious, fraudulent, or illegal activities;
- 8) notify you about important changes to our Terms; and
- 9) respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
All data collected automatically will be used to administer or improve our services.
- 1) We use IP address to make our Site and Services more useful to you, and to perform identity verification.
- 3) We may use both session Cookies(which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
- 4) We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data and aggregated and other de-identified information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Bithumb Singapore does not sell user data to any third party.
How does Bithumb Singapore share my personal information?
- 1) It may be necessary to disclose your information to comply with any law, subpoenas, court orders, or government request, defend against claims, investigate or bring legal action against illegal or suspected illegal activities, enforce our Terms, or to protect the rights, safety, and security of Bithumb Singapore, our users, or the public.
- 2) We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; to verify your identity; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- 3) We shall give Bithumb Korea(https://www.bithumb.com) only the asset data of the User who successfully connects Bithumb Korea ID with Bithumb Singapore; and
Bithumb Singapore may contain links to other third party websites which are regulated by their own privacy policies. Bithumb Singapore is not responsible for the privacy policies of these third party websites even if they were accessed using the links from our site.
Please keep in mind that Bithumb Singapore is not responsible or can be held liable for any loss resulting from your decision or inability to use such features.
What security precautions does Bithumb Singapore take to protect me?
We take the protection of your personal information seriously. We use industry-standard data encryption technology and have implemented restrictions related to the storage of and the ability to access your personal information.
Please note that no transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Personal Information Oversea Migration
We use oversea cloud services to provide better service and enhance user convenience.
In this regard, we inform you of the transfer of personal information to overseas as follows:
1) Consent to transfer personal information to overseas according to use of Amazon overseas server.
- Item to be migrated(ask to confirm the item to be collected)
- Email Address, Password, First and Last Name, Phone Number, Residence Information such as Country, Address, City ,State and Postal Code, Date of Birth, Government issued identification, Photographs, etc when you use the Site.
2) Country, Date, and how to be transferred
- Country: Amazon Global Cloud Service Area (Singapore)
- Date: When each member joins and changes customer information
- How: Global Cloud Local area server that transfers data through a secure private network.
3) Service Provider
- Company: Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Address: P.O. Box 81226
- Seattle, WA 98108-1226
- Phone: (206) 266-4064
- FAX: (206) 266-7010
4) Transfer Purpose
- To provide global cloud service for management and operation of Bithumb Singapore service.
5) Retention and Use Period
- Until the end of the Bithumb Singapore service or user"s account cancellation hereafter will be destroyed in accordance with internal policies and other relevant law regulation.
Last Revised : Nov 13, 2019