This is the global digital asset exchange Bithumb Singapore.
In order to become a licensed and legal digital asset exchange operator in Singapore,
Bithumb Singapore had applied for the Payment Services Act License and is being judged by MAS.
* PSA License - Status of application
To minimize the risk of Money Laundering (ML) & Terrorism Fundraising (TF) via digital asset exchanges,
MAS requires the PSA licensee to introduce a stronger Know-your-customer (KYC) policy.
Therefore, Bithumb Singapore introduces a new KYC policy as shown below.
1. Level 1 user (who does not verify identity) : cannot use deposit/withdrawal & trading service.
2. If a Level 1 user fails to complete identity verification within 120 days from the date of creating an account, the account will be closed.
* Start Date : December 9 2020, 11:00:00 (UTC+8)
According to the new KYC policy,
stronger identity verification will apply to all users.
Please, check the information below first and then use the Bithumb Singapore service.
[New Users & Existing Level 1 users] have to complete the Level 2 verification within 120 days from the Start Date.
[Existing Level 2 & Level 3 users] will be downgraded to Level 1 → have to complete the Level 2 verification within 120 days from the Start Date.
* If the user does not complete the Level 2 verification within 120 days, his/her account will be closed.
* For the users who cannot complete the Level 2 verification, the 'Withdrawal' function will be temporarily opened.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this sudden change of policy.